Operation Khyber IV: Security forces eradicate militants' hideouts near Pak-Afghan border
According to military media wing, several terrorists were killed, while some managed to escape to Afghanistan during late night operation. In the joint operation by SSC commandoes and troops, terrorists’ hideouts were cleared, besides seizing caches of IEDs, arms and ammunition.
“The forces have established posts at over 12000-feet altitude – the terrain is riddled with thick forestation,” the ISPR statement said.
This mountain top was being used as the main observation point and its base as transit/storage point. Terrorists gave stiff resistance but could not sustain against the determination of Pakistani troops. The mountain top was planned to be cleared little later as per initial plan but with high tempo
The mountain top was planned to be cleared little later as per initial plan but with high tempo operation, it has been cleared well ahead of planned timings.
On July 16, Pakistan Army announced to launch Operation Khyber-4 under Radd-ul-Fasaad to "wipe out terrorists" in the Rajgal Valley area of Khyber Agency.
- Pakistan reports drop in COVID cases with 893 new infections09:37 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:13 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Petrol price crosses Rs137 per litre as govt announces new rates08:55 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 16 October 202108:38 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021