VIDEO: Hunza singer releases new song in Burushaski
KARACHI - A Hunza-based singer is back into the limelight in the Pakistani music industry with her new song in Burushaski language.
Designer Yousuf Bashir Qureshi (YBQ) has lent his voice to the song - Ya Moula - sung by Natasha Baig.
Natasha is also known for her previous song in Marvari language, in collaboration with Thar-based folk singer Mai Dhai.
The song was released on July 11.
According to the musician, the lyrics of Ya Moula are based on the verses by Allama Nasir al-Din Nasir Hunzai.
“I’m the only girl from Hunza who is working in the music industry so I took it as my responsibility to sing in a language from my region. I thought why not promote my culture through music,” Natasha said.
Nonetheless, Natasha promised that her next song will definitely be in Urdu.
- T20 World Cup – Ireland’s bowler Curtis Campher makes history07:56 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Gobi's Paints Polo Cup: FC Polo Team win trophy07:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- First black US state secretary Colin Powell dies of Covid-1906:37 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran calls meeting to tackle inflation today06:04 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ushna Shah sets internet ablaze with new bold pictures04:40 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021