Petition launched for safe recovery of Pakistani engineer kidnapped in South Sudan
Jamali, an employee of Dar Petroleum’s Paluch Oil field in South Sudan, was kidnapped at gunpoint by rebels from Riek Macchar Group.
"Machhar Group is fighting against the government and has already kidnapped two Indian engineers last week," the petition states.
As many as 835 people have already extended their support to the online campaign that still needs at least 165 people to reach its target of 1000 signatories.
His brother Babar Jamali, who is also working in the same company as the plant officer told Petarian Human Rights Organization PHRO that the situation in South Sudan was deteriorating due to the conflict between pro-Government and anti-Government forces.
According to his brother, Ayaz had already resigned from the job and was booked to fly to Pakistan on Monday when he got kidnapped.
"We are appealing to United Nations, Prime Minister of Pakistan, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, especially Pakistan diplomats in Sudan to take up the issue on diplomatic levels with the government of South Sudan for safe and early recovery of Ayaz Hussain Jamali," the petition concluded.
- ‘Appointed on merit’ – Punjab Health minister defends ...03:55 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan signs $1.1bn deal with Qatar to import oil, LNG02:37 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- UN, US hail Pakistan-India agreement to ceasefire at LoC in disputed ...02:20 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- This Indian actress agrees Karachi has the best food in South Asia01:22 PM | 26 Feb, 2021
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021