Nawaz always gave respect to Gen Bajwa, never refused to meet his demands: Shehbaz
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif on Tuesday quoted Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa as saying, "Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif always gave me respect and never refused to give whatever I asked for the Pakistan Army."
Sharif, who is also leader of opposition in the National Assembly, said this at a press conference in the federal capital.
Extending good wishes to the guests who came to Pakistan to attend a session of the OIC Council of Foreign Ministers, the PML-N president expressed the hope that the forum would raise voice for Kashmiri and Palestinian people.
Referring to the claims of Broadsheet Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Kaveh Moussavi, Sharif said he had sought an unconditional apology from Nawaz Sharif.
He said that Mousavi exposed the NAB-Niazi nexus, which left no stone unturned to prove Nawaz Sharif corrupt but failed. He praised Moussavi for "revealing the truth" and vindicating Nawaz Sharif's position.
Regarding the return of Nawaz Sharif to Pakistan from London, the PML-N president said that Nawaz needed permission of his doctors and only then he would be able to return to Pakistan.
Regarding the National Assembly session on no-confidence, Sharif said that National Assembly Speaker Asad Qaiser violated the law as he was bound to convene a session within 14 days.
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Pakistan set 146 runs target for England in 5th T20I09:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- TikToker shot dead as Iran clamps down on anti-hijab protests08:54 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- e& International delegation meets key government stakeholders from ...08:34 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022