Saudi Arabia to unveil world's largest hotel
To be built just two kilometers away from the site of Makkah, which attracts about two million Muslim pilgrims a year for the annual Haj, the $3.5 billion Abraj Kudai will become the world’s largest hotel when it opens in 2017, reports Arabian Business.
Once complete, the mixed-use development project will span 1.4 million square meters and feature a hotel that can fit the population of a small town, shopping mall, full-size convention center, rooftop helipads, food court and bus station.
Twelve towers will make up the building with certain spaces geared to accommodate Hajj visitors, house prayer halls and dining spaces.
Renderings reveal a series of monolithic towers encircling a main domed tower, designed to hearken a traditional desert fortress.
According to Arabian Business, 10 towers will provide four-star accommodations, while two will be reserved for their most well-heeled clientele offering five-star amenities.
London-based firm Areen Hospitality has been tapped to design the rooms and hotel interior.
- Four rare black deer stolen from Lahore’s Safari Park11:01 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- ATC sentences student to death for 'killing professor over anti-Islam ...10:02 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Coronavirus: Pakistan reports 2,521 new cases, 43 deaths09:21 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:55 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021