Trump announces to withdraw US from Open Skies arms control treaty with Russia
WASHINGTON – United States (US) President Donald Trump has announced to withdraw from the Open Skies Treaty with Russia.
Talking to reporters at White House in Washington DC, he said Moscow had not stuck to its commitments under the 18-year-old pact, which was designed to boost confidence and assure against attacks.
Meanwhile, Ambassadors to North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), whose members are also party to the treaty have called an urgent meeting today to assess the consequences of the decision taken by the US leadership.
The Open Skies Treaty was signed in 2002 to permit unarmed aerial surveillance flights over dozens of countries,
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pak army shot down yet another Indian spying quadcopter in Khanjar ...08:26 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020