Trump announces to withdraw US from Open Skies arms control treaty with Russia
WASHINGTON – United States (US) President Donald Trump has announced to withdraw from the Open Skies Treaty with Russia.
Talking to reporters at White House in Washington DC, he said Moscow had not stuck to its commitments under the 18-year-old pact, which was designed to boost confidence and assure against attacks.
Meanwhile, Ambassadors to North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), whose members are also party to the treaty have called an urgent meeting today to assess the consequences of the decision taken by the US leadership.
The Open Skies Treaty was signed in 2002 to permit unarmed aerial surveillance flights over dozens of countries,
- Indian PM receives first dose of homegrown COVID-19 vaccine11:25 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Mirpur goes into lockdown amid alarming spike in Covid-19 cases11:05 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6, Match 12: Quetta Gladiators, Islamabad United to lock horns ...10:40 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-March-01- ...10:15 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Senate elections: SC announces decision to conduct polls through ...09:30 AM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Osman Khalid Butt takes to social media after 'wedding' pics with ...05:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021