At least 41 killed in South Korea hospital blaze
In the country's worst blaze for over a decade, more than 70 people were injured and eight of them are in critical condition. The incident happened just weeks before thousands of athletes and foreign visitors are expected to reach South Korea for the Winter Olympics.
The fire first started on the first floor of Sejong Hospital in Miryan city, about 270 kilometres away from the capital, Seoul. Around 200 people were in the hospital building when the blaze erupted at 7:30 am.
According to Choi Man-woo, the head of Miryang city's fire station said that the blaze was mostly extinguished after a few hours, adding that all the patients have been evacuated from the hospital.
He said that most of the causalities happened at the first and second floor. An investigation is underway to trace the reason for the fire.
Last month, 29 people were killed after an inferno caught a fitness club in the South Korean city of Jecheon.
- Lt Gen Faiz Hameed appointed Corps Commander Bahawalpur in latest ...06:46 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Imran shifts PTI’s August 13 rally from Islamabad to Lahore06:33 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- JIT including ISI, IB officers to probe social media campaign ...05:29 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir is all smiles in latest viral pictures04:28 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Arshad Nadeem’s historic win at ...03:51 PM | 8 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani stars celebrate Eidul-Adha in style06:20 PM | 10 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022