At least 41 killed in South Korea hospital blaze
In the country's worst blaze for over a decade, more than 70 people were injured and eight of them are in critical condition. The incident happened just weeks before thousands of athletes and foreign visitors are expected to reach South Korea for the Winter Olympics.
The fire first started on the first floor of Sejong Hospital in Miryan city, about 270 kilometres away from the capital, Seoul. Around 200 people were in the hospital building when the blaze erupted at 7:30 am.
According to Choi Man-woo, the head of Miryang city's fire station said that the blaze was mostly extinguished after a few hours, adding that all the patients have been evacuated from the hospital.
He said that most of the causalities happened at the first and second floor. An investigation is underway to trace the reason for the fire.
Last month, 29 people were killed after an inferno caught a fitness club in the South Korean city of Jecheon.
- Pakistani fans excited but were Ms. Marvel scenes really shot in ...08:59 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Balochistan's first woman SHO takes charge08:58 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Search operation under way for missing French paraglider in Gilgit ...08:25 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Hassan Ali’s adorable birthday celebration with wife goes viral04:49 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Komal Baig blessed with a baby boy04:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022