Jammu family gets Rs 39 crore electricity bill
However, the Power Development Department (PDD) blamed it on the billing software and assured to rectify it at the earliest.
Ram Krishan, a resident of Puran Nagar in Talab Tillo area of Jammu city, was shell shocked when he receive a bill of around Rs 39 crore for the month of October.
"Ours is a middle class family and even... the richest family in the country don't get such a huge electricity bill for one month", a family member of Ram Krishan said.
There must have been some error with the software that prepares the consumers' bill, a PDD official said, while assuring to look into the matter and get it rectified at the earliest.
"The issue has come to our notice and we will look into it and make sure that the issue is rectified at the earliest," he said.
- Dr Shahid Masood strikes again – this time about ‘Pakistani ...12:17 AM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Pakistan's Hassan Mairaj declared overall best foreign national ...11:48 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Ex-PM Zafarullah Jamali dies at 7609:53 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- PIA cuts fares for domestic flights09:44 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Netflix to create Korean version of Money Heist09:19 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Behroze Sabzwari tests positive for COVID-1907:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi tweets about writing a book on God07:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020