Afghanistan has not shared information on SP Dawar's murder: Foreign Office
Spokesperson of the foreign office, Dr Mohammad Faisal, addressed a media briefing on Thursday and provided assurances that Pakistani authorities were investigating the abduction and murder of the top cop whose body was found in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province last week.
The brutal killing stirred a diplomatic row between Islamabad and Kabul due to a two-day delay in the handing over of the SP's body by the Afghan authorities.
Pakistan had earlier accused the Afghan side of playing politics over a body and delaying its handover at the Torkham border. SP Dawar was found dead after almost two weeks since he disappeared from Pakistan's capital.
Besides SP Dawar, Dr Faisal also touched upon the recent tweets by Pakistani officials including by Prime Minister Imran Khan about a recent statement by United States President Donald Trump who accused Pakistan of doing nothing.
He elaborated that the tweets by Pakistan were aimed at setting the record straight.
In an interview with Fox News on Sunday, the US leader referred to the suspension of Coalition Support Fund (CSF) and defended his move to block the release of funds to Islamabad.
Pakistan has not done a 'damn thing for us': ... 09:14 AM | 19 Nov, 2018
ISLAMABAD - US President Donald Trump has once again unleashed rant against Pakistan, accusing it of not having done a ...
“And we give Pakistan $1.3 billion a year . … [bin Laden] lived in Pakistan, we’re supporting Pakistan, we’re giving them $1.3 billion a year — which we don’t give them anymore, by the way. I ended it because they don’t do anything for us, they don’t do a damn thing for us.” Trump said in clear-worded remarks.
The Republican also referred to the presence of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in Pakistan.
‘You know, living – think of this – living in Pakistan, beautifully in Pakistan in what I guess they considered a nice mansion, I don’t know, I’ve seen nicer,’ Trump said, referring to bin Laden’s compound in Abbottabad.
‘But living in Pakistan right next to the military academy, everybody in Pakistan knew he was there,” he alleged.
Welcoming US-Afghan Engagement
Dr Faisal said that Pakistan was aware of talks between US and Afghan Taliban and the country welcomes the talks that are being held in Qatar to reach a peaceful end to the 17-year long Afghan war.
Pakistan had provided intelligence to the US in order to counter terrorists in the region, Dr Faisal said.
- Pakistan Army Chief to receive enhanced honour cordon at Pentagon ...11:58 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Policy commitments made by Pakistan to get bailout package continue ...11:32 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- English Biscuit Manufacturers partners with Al Maya Group to ...10:46 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, UN to launch joint flash appeal for flood relief in Geneva ...10:23 AM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Asim Azhar to release mashup of two songs with young fan Arshman11:49 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022