New German ambassador too a fan of Pakistani street food; enjoys 'Channa Chaat' in Lahore
ISLAMABAD – German Ambassador Bernhard Schlagheck, who took charge of office in Islamabad in July this year, is also fond of Pakistani foods, particularly spicy snack food 'Channa Chaat' like his predecessor Martin Kobler.
The ambassador, who was on a visit to Lahore last week, tried the 'Channa Chaat' for the first time while taking round of the Lawrence Garden.
"It was a bit spicy but taste was good. Even I drank the sauce at the end," he posted his expressions on his social media accounts, including Twitter and Facebook, besides the embassy's website.
As regards his visit to the provincial metropolis, he alluded to the famous Punjabi saying - Jinnay Lahore Nhi Takiya O Jamya Nhi.
"Who hasn't seen #Lahore, hasn't been born." This Pakistani saying in mind during my trip to Lahore offered a nice...Posted by German Embassy Islamabad on Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Ambassador Schlagheck also visited the Lahore Fort. "I went for a morning stroll in #LahoreFort - a stunningly beautiful artefact of the sub-continent's rich history and culture. Particularly impressed by the picture wall which was recently renovated with #German support. Met some (Pakistani) tourists who enjoyed the fort as much as I did!" he said in a Facebook post.
- IMF predicts recovery in Pakistan's economy during 202112:12 AM | 11 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 245,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,105 confirmed ...11:08 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- School of Tomorrow – The world’s premier schools & societies ...10:11 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran intervenes as PIA suffers setbacks over license scandal09:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab’s youngest MPA Sania Ashiq tests positive for coronavirus08:53 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020