Top HEC official resigns over plagiarism allegations
Executive Director Dr. Arshad Ali, who was appointed to the post in 2016, was facing the case initiated by the HEC’s Plagiarism Standing Committee earlier this year. In April this year, the then chairman of the body wrote the ministry concerned that plagiarism case has been established against Ali, local newspaper reported
The accused, who tendered his resignation on Sunday, had been defending the allegations since the case was initiated by the federal education body.
Ali had produced a research paper titled “A Taxonomy and Survey of Grid Resource Planning and Reservation Systems for Grid-Enabled Analysis Environment” in 2014, however, the HEC’s anti-plagiarism tool, Turnitin App, found it heavily copied from a foreign publication.
The HEC high ups in a meeting on Friday expressed serious concerns over the illegal act by the executive director of the prestigious body.
HEC chairman Dr. Tariq Bunari is set to hold a press conference today to announce various decisions taken by the commission in a recent meeting.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020