NAB summons Maulana Fazlur Rehman in corruption, assets’ inquiry
PESHAWAR – The National Accountability Bureau, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, has summoned to Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam Fazl (JUI-F) head Fazlur Rehman in an inquiry related to allegations of corruption and holding assets beyond means.
In a call-up notice issued under Section 19 of the National Accountability Ordinance, 1999 on Tuesday, the anti-graft buster has directed the accused to appear before the probe team next month to record his statement.
The notice states that an investigation has been launched against ex-MNA Rehman and others "regarding corruption and corrupt practices/accumulation of assets beyond means".
It said the subject inquiry had revealed that Rehman was "in possession of information/evidence whatsover which relates to the commission of [the] said offence".
Failure to comply with the notice may entail penal consequences as per the Schedule of NAO, 1999, the summons said.
- Casualties feared after bomb blast rocks Peshawar's Deer Colony08:52 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Solidarity with Kashmiris: Pakistan all set to observe 'Black Day' ...08:20 AM | 27 Oct, 2020
- Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive ...11:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- ‘Wedding celebrations’ — Video of Kashmala Tariq dancing to ...11:07 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to propose March 15 declared as Int’l Day against ...09:26 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020