PAKvENG: Babar, Rizwan power Pakistan to victory over England in second T20I
KARACHI – Pakistan registered a ten-wicket victory over England in most convincing fashion in second game of the seven-match T20I series at National Stadium on Thursday.
The visiting team set a mammoth target of 200 runs as the Pakistani bowling line could not restrict them from keeping the scoreboard ticking up despite taking the key wickets.
However, Pakistan displayed a stunning game as they complete the win with three spare balls.
Babar Azam stroked 110 runs off 68 balls while his opening partner Mohammad Rizwan smashed 88 runs as the English bowlers struggled to contain the two batters.
Earlier, England won the toss and decided to bat first against Pakistan.
Phil Salt and Alex Hales – the opening pair – took a good start as they made 42 runs together before Shahnawaz Dahani broke up their partnership by dismissing Hales.
After Dawid Malan was sent for duck by Dahani, Ben Duckett brilliantly played and pushed score as he smashed 43 off 22 balls.
After he was dismissed by Mohammad Nawaz, Harry Brook and Moeen Ali displayed stunning skills with bat and helped team build a strong target of 200 runs for the host team.
Now the seven-match series is level by 1-1.
PAKvENG: England win first T20I against Pakistan ... 09:00 PM | 20 Sep, 2022
KARACHI – England on Tuesday defeated Pakistan by six wickets in first game of the seven-match T20I series played ...
Pakistan: Babar Azam (captain), Shadab Khan (vice-captain), Aamir Jamal, Abrar Ahmed, Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Wasim Junior, Naseem Shah, Shahnawaz Dahani, Shan Masood and Usman Qadir
England: Jos Buttler (captain), Moeen Ali (vice-captain), Harry Brook, Jordan Cox, Sam Curran, Ben Duckett, Liam Dawson (Hampshire), Richard Gleeson, Tom Helm, Will Jacks, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Olly Stone, Reece Topley, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Luke Wood, Mark Wood
Schedule of T20Is
1st T20: Pakistan v England, 20 September, National Stadium, Karachi
2nd T20: Pakistan v England, 22 September, National Stadium, Karachi
3rd T20: Pakistan v England, 23 September, National Stadium, Karachi
4th T20: Pakistan v England, 25 September, National Stadium, Karachi
5th T20: Pakistan v England, 28 September, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
6th T20: Pakistan v England, 30 September, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
7th T20: Pakistan v England, 2 October, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
England Cricket vice-chief in Karachi stadium for ... 07:24 PM | 20 Sep, 2022
KARACHI – England and Wales Cricket Board deputy chairman Martin Darlow will watch first match of the historic ...
- ‘Khalistan-Pakistan Zindabad’ slogans in Aam Admi Party ...04:03 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan issues fresh travel advisory for domestic, international ...03:22 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...03:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- At least 174 dead, hundreds injured amid deadly stampede at ...02:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Inside Ali Fazal and Richa Chadha’s vibrant Mehandi, Sangeet ...11:28 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Did Feroze Khan refuse to pay Rs200,000 child support to ex-wife?11:05 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022