At least 33 drown after bus plunges into river in India
According to Indian media, the bus was en route to Sawai Madhopur when it fell off a 100-foot high bridge near Dubi village. The incident occurred after the driver lost control of the vehicle while trying to overtake another vehicle on the bridge.
All the bodies have been recovered from the bus after cutting the windows and sent them to a hospital for further medical procedure. The passengers were going to visit a Ramdevji temple in Sawai Madhopur.
According to Hindustan Times, "Eighteen deceased have been identified that include 15 from Sawai Madhopur, 1 from Dausa and 2 from Uttar Pradesh. Ten 10 bodies were handed over to their families after post-mortem".
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said the state government was closely monitoring the situation.
Anguished by the bus accident in Rajasthan's Sawai Madhopur district. My thoughts are with the families of the deceased. State Government is closely monitoring the situation, including rescue operations and providing all possible assistance to those affected: PM @narendramodi— PMO India (@PMOIndia) December 23, 2017
- UK removes Pakistan from its red list08:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand PM issues statement after Black Caps backing out of ...08:25 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Cricket world hits back at New Zealand for cancelling tour07:50 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Zameen.com signs on as sales and marketing partner for T Square in ...07:25 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- 'Disappointed' – Team Pakistan react after New Zealand's ...06:56 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021