Pakistan addressing impacts of climate change, says PM Imran
DAVOS - Prime Minister Imran Khan has said Pakistan is focusing on skills' enhancement for youth as it considers its significant youth population as driver of economic growth.
Talking to Executive Chairman of the World Economic Forum Dr. Klaus Schwab on the sidelines of WEF Annual Meeting 2020 at Davos on Wednesday, he emphasized that the issues being highlighted by WEF this year are also relevant to Pakistan.
The Prime Minister said government of Pakistan is addressing the impacts of climate change through implementation of "Clean Green Pakistan Program" including plantation of 10 billion trees, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Prime Minister Khan expressed the desire that WEF can partner with Pakistan on important social welfare initiatives for poverty alleviation and education.
- PM Imran warns world to take notice of India's ultranationalist ...12:51 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- FATF holds meeting in Paris to decide Pakistan’s fate today12:21 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Armeena Khan ties the knot with Fesl Khan on Valentine's day02:12 PM | 15 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019