ECC mulls second bailout package of $35mn to recover PIA’s Roosevelt Hotel
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan on Thursday considered a second bailout package worth $35.58 million for the Roosevelt Hotel, New York, which is owned by Pakistan International Airlines Investment Limited.
The Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) has decided to form a panel to provide the bailout package for the property that has fallen into debt.
According to a report in Hotel Management, a hotel industry magazine, the panel approved $142m to provide immediate financial support. This amount was arranged as a loan from the National Bank of Pakistan with a per annum mark-up of $5.9m.
It also approved $13 million as an annual carrying cost until a lease agreement is finalised.
ECC gives go-ahead for timely settlement of ... 07:00 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
ISLAMABAD – Economic Coordination Committee of the Cabinet has given principled go-ahead to the payment of all ...
Earlier in 2019, Pakistan International Airlines Investment Limited risked losing the Manhattan property and the Scribe Hotel in Paris following the enforcement of an international settlement decision by the British Islands that would have resulted in the handing over these properties as a settlement to the Tethyan Copper Company (TCC) for the canceling of its mining license in Balochistan.
Pakistan had invalidated the mining licenses of the Tethyan Copper Company for the Reko Diq gold and copper mines in Balochistan due to irregularities. However, the company had claimed that they had been illegally stopped from conducting operations.
NAB files reference against 26 accused in Reko ... 11:45 AM | 5 Nov, 2020
QUETTA – The National Accountability Bureau Balochistan has filed a reference against 26 including former ...
- Twitteratis react after world’s largest stadium renamed after ...09:37 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- PSL6, Match 6 - Karachi Kings set huge target of 197-run for ...09:01 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Karachi Kings’ Babar and Sharjeel set highest opening partnership ...08:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- CJCSC Gen Nadeem discusses bilateral cooperation with UAE top ...08:16 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- MPAs to be suspended if dogs bite anyone in Sindh constituencies, ...07:33 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Hassan Ali and Chris Gayle shake a leg on the Googly Challenge04:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Indian TikToker turns out to be Shoaib Akhtar’s doppelgänger02:50 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Shaniera Akram reminds netizens to 'Pawri' with their masks on02:30 PM | 24 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021