ECC gives go-ahead for timely settlement of PIA-owned Roosevelt Hotel’s loan
ISLAMABAD – Economic Coordination Committee of the Cabinet has given principled go-ahead to the payment of all liabilities associated with the debt of $105 million secured by the Pakistan International Airlines-owned Roosevelt Hotel in Manhattan, New York.
The ECC meeting chaired by Adviser to the Prime Minister on Finance and Revenue Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh also approved a proposal by the Finance Division to allow the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to launch Offshore Pakistan Rupee-Linked bonds based on conducive market conditions.
The ECC approved a revision in key terms of Prime Minister's Kamyab Jawan Youth Entrepreneurship Scheme for making the scheme accessible to all Pakistani citizens meeting the laid-down criteria.
The body also okayed a proposal by the Ministry of Inter-provincial Coordination for grant of exemption from payment of annual renewal fee of licences issued to travel and tourism related businesses.
The ECC approved a proposal for additional funds of 3 million dollars for contribution towards SAARC COVID-19 Emergency Fund announced during the video conference of SAARC leaders in March 2020.
It also approved a supplementary grant of 540 billion rupees having remained unutilised due to procedural conditions under the COVID-19 relief measures announced in financial year 2020-21.
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021