ECC gives go-ahead for timely settlement of PIA-owned Roosevelt Hotel’s loan
ISLAMABAD – Economic Coordination Committee of the Cabinet has given principled go-ahead to the payment of all liabilities associated with the debt of $105 million secured by the Pakistan International Airlines-owned Roosevelt Hotel in Manhattan, New York.
The ECC meeting chaired by Adviser to the Prime Minister on Finance and Revenue Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh also approved a proposal by the Finance Division to allow the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to launch Offshore Pakistan Rupee-Linked bonds based on conducive market conditions.
The ECC approved a revision in key terms of Prime Minister's Kamyab Jawan Youth Entrepreneurship Scheme for making the scheme accessible to all Pakistani citizens meeting the laid-down criteria.
The body also okayed a proposal by the Ministry of Inter-provincial Coordination for grant of exemption from payment of annual renewal fee of licences issued to travel and tourism related businesses.
The ECC approved a proposal for additional funds of 3 million dollars for contribution towards SAARC COVID-19 Emergency Fund announced during the video conference of SAARC leaders in March 2020.
It also approved a supplementary grant of 540 billion rupees having remained unutilised due to procedural conditions under the COVID-19 relief measures announced in financial year 2020-21.
- Sindh receives 52 US ventilators to fight COVID-1901:10 AM | 25 Sep, 2020
- ‘Enough is enough,’ says China after Trump’s Covid-19 criticism11:33 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Senate body wants changes in accountability process of superior ...10:07 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Foreign delegates, diplomats & defence attachés back Pakistan's ...08:36 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Stolen assets of developing countries must be returned, PM urges world08:28 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Shehzad Roy and Faisal Qureshi are remaking ‘Alif Noon’03:47 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Sonu Nigam praises Sajjad Ali in latest Instagram post01:50 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- IN PICTURES: Ayeza Khan with her little sister12:49 PM | 24 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020