Hidden divorces, foreign marriage become the new trends in Saudi marital life
According to the Ministry of Justice, 3,596 Saudi men wedded non-Saudi women in 2015, while 3,352 Saudi women married non-Saudi males. Divorces between non-Saudi men and non-Saudi women also reached 3,686.
The ministry's data showed a dramatic fall in the number of recorded divorces among Saudis last year, which fell from 133,000 last year to 40,000 this year. However, observers believe this fall is most likely due to an increase in frequency of hidden divorces, which are not recorded in Shariah courts.
Court sources say that many marital disputes lead to divorce; however, most relationships endure for a few years even after hitting the rocks due to unrecorded separations.
- Imran Khan arrives at Nur Khan air base in a private plane for ...03:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- SBP governor confident of $1bn Sukuk repayment before due date02:44 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- vivo Y35 launched in Pakistan — price, specification, camera02:19 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Sania Mirza rubs shoulder with husband Shoaib Malik amid divorce ...01:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Humaima Malick pays special tribute to Anjuman Shaheen at LUX Style ...10:05 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022