Intolerance in India: Salman Khan becomes latest target of Shiv Sena
The actor's recently sparked an uproar throughout India after saying that he felt like a 'raped woman' every time he stepped out of the ring during shoots for his traditional wrestling-themed movie.
Kangana Ranaut, a popular actress, also criticized the statement.
According to Indian Express, Shiv Sena spokesperson Manisha Kayande said: "I have not seen a celebrity who can get more shameless than Salman Khan. He has a destructive nature from the beginning. He shoots endangered animals, kills people living on footpaths and now this [remark on rape]. People still, ironically, consider him a hero."
Kayande also called for all film directors to boycott Khan till he issued an apology. "All directors respecting women should boycott him until he apologizes for his remarks. Even people should stop watching his films," she said.
A couple of days after Salman's brash comment, his father Salim Khan apologized on his son's behalf, adding that the Dabang actor's intentions were not wrong.
Salman Khan plays a wrestler in Sultan, which is scheduled to hit theaters around the world on Eid day.
- Indian PM Modi wishes Muslim on Eid Milad-un-Nabi05:42 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Hundreds flock to celebrate birthday of Holy Prophet at Iraq’s ...03:38 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Yashma Gill shares adorable photos from her birthday bash03:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021