Aamir Liauqat caught in second marriage controversy ahead of polls
Renowned televangelist and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's candidate for NA-245, Aamir Liaquat has been caught in another controversy as he has been alleged to having tied the knot with a lady associated with the media industry.
According to a report by Dunya News, the Bol TV anchor tied the knot with Syeda Tuba Anwar a few months ago, however, he has not mentioned his second wife in the affidavit submitted along with the nomination papers.
Aamir Liaquat, who has been in the news for all the wrong reasons over a period of time, has denied his second marriage in a press conference.
However, the documents which have surfaced on the internet now reveal that Syeda Tuba Anwar is the second wife of firebrand scholar.
Another endorsement of Liaquat's second marriage is her record available with Nadra. A receipt issued by the national database authority confirms the husband's name of Syeda Tauba Anwar as 'Aamir Hussain' - a name mentioned by the television personality in his nomination papers.
According to the details, the Nikah of Bol TV anchor was performed by Mufti Abdul Qadir in the presence of close friends Syed Ali Imam, Hamood Munawar and Abdul Wahab as witnesses.
Interestingly, Aamir Liaquat Hussain, who profoundly introduced himself as a doctor during the TV shows, did not mention his doctorate degree in the nomination papers.
Another 'feather in the cap' of Liaquat is the fact that initially, he had submitted the papers for the Senate seat, though the July 25 polls are scheduled for the National and provincial assemblies.
The rumors of Aamir being married to the 24-year-old media professional swirled on mainstream media after veteran actor Sohail Ahmed, also known as Azizi, alluded to the matter.
Azizi is known for disseminating sensational disclosures about the personal life of politicians.
Aamir Liaquat is running for NA-245 seat of the National Assembly from Pakistan Southern sprawling metropolis, Karachi.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf was also lampooned for allowing the 'hate preacher' to join the party, though the senior leadership brushed aside the criticism stemming out of the inclusion.
Recently, he started a debate on Twitter after he was reportedly denied ticket for the said seat but Imran Khan-led party succumbed to his pressure and awarded him the ticket.
According to the legal injunctions, it is necessary to declare the dependents in the nomination papers for the aspiring lawmakers and any mis-declaration in this regard can lead to disqualification.
Apparently reacting to the rumoured marriage, the outspoken leader uploaded a 'defiant' message saying, he will not lose, tagging Syeda Tauba Anwar as well.
- Pakistan condemns Israeli attacks on Palestinians, Al-Aqsa Mosque10:50 PM | 11 May, 2021
- India’s official website claims Jammu & Kashmir is 'predominantly ...10:28 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Babar Azam among Pakistani cricketers all prayers for the people of ...10:09 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Al-Aqsa mosque – Pakistan announces Palestine Day as Israelis ...09:43 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Eid on Thursday in Saudi Arabia as moon not sighted09:20 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Falak Shabir is taking care of wife Sarah Khan's pregnancy cravings08:24 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Malala slammed for skipping 'Israel' in statement on Palestine attacks04:47 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Twitter trolls Fawad Chaudhry as he wants state emblem changed04:11 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021