Pakistan hands over demarche to Canada over MP’s irresponsible remarks about Army chief
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan's Foreign Office on Thursday summoned the Canadian high commissioner and issued a strong démarche over the remarks of a member of parliament of that country.
The diplomat was told that the recent statement against Pakistan by Canadian Member of Parliament Tom Kmiec was against 'diplomatic norms and highly irresponsible'.
It comes days after the Canadian lawmaker raised a controversy over Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa's trip to Canada which was cancelled due the pandemic.
- #RogerFederer bids tearful #farewell to tennis career after #LaverCup ...08:12 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- PTI to rejoin Parliament if ‘US cipher' investigated: Imran Khan07:27 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG – Pakistan lock horns with England in 4th T20I tomorrow05:51 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- 'Babe Bhangra Paunde Ne' – Trailer of Sohail Ahmed's first Punjabi ...05:28 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Aamir Khan's daughter Ira announces engagement with Nupur Shikhare04:38 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022