Terrorism is the biggest threat to peace in the world: President
While addressing the Pakistan Day joint military parade, the president congratulated the nation and said, "March 23 is that milestone of our national history in which Muslims of the subcontinent aimed for their liberation through Pakistan Resolution."
He said further that Independence demands sacrifices. We suffered the loss of lives and finances in the ‘War on Terror’ but today Pakistan is an upcoming economy.
Nation celebrating Pakistan Day with resolution ... 09:45 AM | 23 Mar, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The nation is celebrating Pakistan Day today (Saturday) with a commitment to ensure progress, prosperity ...
"Instead of wars, we should focus on providing health, education and employment. Our real war is against unemployment and poverty," he said.
The president said that responding to Indian aggression was our right. Through our plan of action, we responded to India immediately and effectively. "We responded to the enemy befittingly," he reiterated.
He regretted that India's attitude was irresponsible, he added that "After the Pulwama attack, India blamed Pakistan without any evidence.
Nation observes military might displayed at 79th ... 10:53 AM | 23 Mar, 2019
ISLAMABAD - A Military parade to mark 79th Pakistan Day is underway in Islamabad on Saturday. The Pakistan Day military ...
"Terrorism is the biggest threat to peace in the world. Peace in Afghanistan is necessary for everlasting peace in Pakistan," he added.
President Alvi said Pakistan's "sovereignty had been challenged in the past and wars were imposed on us" but the nation fought back.
The President said India's irresponsible attitude has jeopardized peace in the region. He said India will have to accept Pakistan as a reality, and it must come to the conclusion that dialogue is the only way to resolve issues.
The President said we are a peaceful nation but are not oblivious to our defence, and the same has been proved in the recent demonstration of Pakistan's defence capability.
He said the country is safe and moving on the path of progress and development after effectively combating the menace of terrorism.
The President said the participation of the representatives of Pakistan's friendly countries including Saudi Arabia, China, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Bahrain and Sri Lanka has added valour to today's military parade, and this signifies Pakistan's friendship with these countries.
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:05 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 January 202108:45 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Three-day sports festival kicks off in Khalti Frozan Lake today12:05 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran, singer Shehzad Roy share views on promotion of education12:00 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Shafqat Mehmood green-lights launch of Single National Curriculum ...11:38 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021