Coronavirus: Three grooms arrested in Peshawar for violating ban
PESHAWAR - The city administration has arrested three grooms for holding marriage ceremonies by violating a ban imposed in wake of coronavirus outbreak.
A team comprising assistant commissioner Rizwana Dar, additional assistant commissioner Kashif Jan and others carried out raids in areas near Ring Road.
The team arrested the grooms and catering service providers while legal proceedings to be launched against the culprits.
Officials said that the families have been warned about holding the ceremonies but they gathered 500 people amid coronavirus outbreak.
Pakistan leads South Asia with the highest number of coronavirus cases in the region, a total of 799 till Sunday night, according to government data.
The latest incident reported in Balochistan where a 65-year-old man has died. He was under treatment at the Fatima Jinnah Chest Hospital, according to the provincial government's spokesperson Liaqat Shahwani.
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Karachi Kings win toss and elect to bat first against ...04:23 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021