South Africa women seal famous series win over Pakistan
Lee had hit a quick-fire 60 off 31 balls on Wednesday to help South Africa level the series 2-2 at Willowmoore Park in Benoni.
And on Thursday at the same venue, the hard-hitting right-hander produced the goods once more, after the visitors could only muster 125/5 in their 20 overs.
The Proteas struck regularly, not allowing their opponents to get away as Tumi Sekhukhune (1/19), Moseline Daniels (1/25) De Klerk (1/10) and Sune Luus (1/22) were all amongst the wickets.
Player of the Series Nida Dar top-scored with 28 and was one of four players from the Asian side to reach the 20s – the others being captain Bismah Mahroof (23), Aliya Riaz (26 not out) and Javeria Khan (20).
But no one kicked on and that ultimately proved detrimental to Pakistan, whose modest total was no match for the home side.
South Africa women beat Pakistan by 4 wickets to ... 08:39 PM | 22 May, 2019
GAUTENG – South Africa women beat Pakistan women by four wickets in the fourth T20I to level the five-match series at ...
Even though the home side lost Tazmin Brits (9) cheaply, Player of the Match Lee’s life-time best score that surpassed her previous high of 69 unbeaten against England at Johannesburg in 2016, was enough to hand the Proteas victory.
- PM Shehbaz orders to link Thar Coal Mines with railway network by ...11:54 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Are Maya Ali and Bilal Ashraf dating?11:28 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Syra Yousuf and Shahroz Sabzwari's psycho-thriller gets shelved10:58 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- ADB announces $2.3 to 2.5 billion in flood relief support for Pakistan09:50 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Zara Noor Abbas hugs emotional fan during meetup08:32 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Mohsin Abbas Haider opens up about comparison with Ranveer Singh09:21 PM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022