51 stranded Pakistanis leaves Cairo for Islamabad
ISLAMABAD – An EgyptAir special flight carrying fifty-one stranded Pakistani passengers from Egypt and Tunisia left Cairo for Islamabad on Saturday, according to the country's embassy.
The passengers included a bereaved family, laid-off workers, visitors with expired visas, stranded Pakistani sailors, the former Ambassador of Pakistan to Egypt, and other trainee government officers.
An @EGYPTAIR special-flight, chartered by the Embassy of Pakistan in Cairo, carrying 51 stranded Pakistani passengers from Egypt (43) and Tunisia (8), left Cairo for Islamabad today. pic.twitter.com/nCl4imFXvl— Pakistan Embassy Egypt (@PakinEgypt) May 23, 2020
Three Pakistani sailors, who were released by the Egyptian authorities from a vessel in Safaga Red Sea Port, also boarded the flight.
The flight was part of the Government of Pakistan's efforts to repatriate Pakistanis stranded in various countries through special flights.
- Canadian MP spotted nude during Zoom meeting with colleagues08:05 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Bisma Maroof takes indefinite break from cricket as 'motherhood ...07:26 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan appoints fourth finance minister in two years in latest ...07:02 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- CPEC guarantor of Pakistan's progressive future: Ch. Sarwar06:33 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Hassan Ali pens birthday note for ‘beautiful wife’04:40 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives insight into her weekend04:17 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Meera all set to launch her clothing and lipstick line03:51 PM | 16 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021