51 stranded Pakistanis leaves Cairo for Islamabad
ISLAMABAD – An EgyptAir special flight carrying fifty-one stranded Pakistani passengers from Egypt and Tunisia left Cairo for Islamabad on Saturday, according to the country's embassy.
The passengers included a bereaved family, laid-off workers, visitors with expired visas, stranded Pakistani sailors, the former Ambassador of Pakistan to Egypt, and other trainee government officers.
An @EGYPTAIR special-flight, chartered by the Embassy of Pakistan in Cairo, carrying 51 stranded Pakistani passengers from Egypt (43) and Tunisia (8), left Cairo for Islamabad today. pic.twitter.com/nCl4imFXvl— Pakistan in Cairo (@PakistaninEgypt) May 23, 2020
Three Pakistani sailors, who were released by the Egyptian authorities from a vessel in Safaga Red Sea Port, also boarded the flight.
The flight was part of the Government of Pakistan's efforts to repatriate Pakistanis stranded in various countries through special flights.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020