Khashoggi's killing was pre-planned, Erdogan rips apart Saudi claims
ISTANBUL - Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has claimed that the killing of Saudi journalist, Jamal Khashoggi was pre-planned and was not the result of a commotion - for which special teams were dispatched.
Addressing the legislators on Tuesday, the president said the killing squad landed in Turkey through special and chartered planes.
Erdogan also revealed the chain of events that led to the killing of Washington Post journalist and claimed that the planning started on September 29th - three days before the killing took place.
'The culprits would be brought to justice,' Erdogan announced in point-blank remarks.
Erdogan continued that the person who attempted to disguise himself to look like Khashoggi with his clothes, glasses and beard—along with another individual accompanying him—also left after midnight for Riyadh on a commercial flight.
'The Saudi Consul General in Istanbul returned to his country before another search of the consulate took place on October 18,' revealed Erdogan.
'All from the highest degree to the lowest level will be highlighted and will be brought to punishment,' Erdogan reiterated.
President Erdogan proposed that because the murder took place in Istanbul, legal action against all 18 suspects and others involved should take place in Istanbul.
The president said the Saudi administration has taken a significant step by admitting to Khashoggi's murder, adding that from now on, we expect them to openly identify all of those responsible in the incident and punish them before the law.
'All the information & evidence that has been uncovered thus far lead to the conclusion that Jamal Khashoggi was the victim of a brutal murder & that concealing such a brutal act will hurt the collective conscience of humanity,' said the president.
Erdogan said that the Vienna Convention, as well as other forms of international law, does not allow a brutal murder to be covered up under diplomatic immunity.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Seven-day anti-polio drive starts across Sindh12:36 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020