PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats
Quetta – The venue for the Pakistan Democratic Movement rally in Quetta has been changed due to security concerns, Samaa News reported.
As per the Balochistan government spokesperson Liaqat Shahwani, Rally is now being held at Ayub Stadium. The government will provide additional security.
A threat alert was issued for Quetta and Peshawar by the National Counter Terrorism Authority on Thursday in which the authority warned that the Pakistan Taliban could target high-profile political personalities through a well-articulated bomb blast.
Threat alert on TTP plan of terror attack in ... 07:25 PM | 22 Oct, 2020
ISLAMABAD - The National Counter Terrorism Authority (NACTA) has issued a threat alert about possible terrorist attacks ...
Shahwani said the venue was changed to Ayub Stadium’s football ground because of the ongoing threats. Foolproof security will be provided, he said.
PDM leaders have accepted the change and decided to hold the rally as scheduled at the stadium.
- Nestlé redoubles efforts to combat climate change06:28 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Use Pakistan Citizen Portal to revamp governance, PM Imran urges ...06:16 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Xiaomi launches Mi 10T in Pakistan – Check the Price & ...06:00 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Maya Ali ‘blessed’ to work with Shoaib Mansoor08:09 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020