IHC larger bench formed to hear disqualification petition against Khawaja Asif
The larger bench comprising Justice Amir Farooq, Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kiyani and Justice Mian Gul Hasan Aurangzeb will hear the case on September 26.
In August this year, Dar had filed a petition with the IIHC seeking the disqualification of Foreign Minister Khawja Asif.
Dar alleged that the foreign minister had not declared his iqama in his nomination papers for General Elections 2013; therefore, he is not more honest and ameen. The petitioner had asked the court to disqualify Khawaja Asif on these grounds.
According to the iqama, Asif is an employee of a company in Dubai and drawing a monthly salary of AED50, 000 for his services as Management Consultant.
After his iqama, a work permit and labour card was also released to the media.
Responding to the accusations, Asif had said that he had declared his salary received through the Iqama with the authorities for the last 27 years.
Dar was an opponent of Asif in NA-110 during the previous general elections.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021