Nutmeg, world's oldest cat, dies at 32
The animal, died on September 14 as a result of heart failure, according to Westway Veterinary Group in Newcastle upon Tyne.
"Westway Vets is sad to announce the passing of Nutmeg, a cat thought to be the world's oldest moggy," the vet group said.
"After an incredibly long life, Nutmeg, who was 32, suffered heart failure after coming to us with breathing difficulties."
Liz and Ian Finlay cared for Nutmeg for 27 years after taking him in as a stray when he was 5 years old.
"We both feel like our hearts have been ripped out. He was our little boy. 'He went downhill so quickly it was unbelievable,'" Ian Finlay said.
"He suffered from a bad tooth and he had rasping breath. We knew that when we went to the vets that he wouldn't be coming home. It was an unspoken solace."
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- KP IG’s brother dies in Larkana road accident08:37 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021