Shafqat Hussain's death warrants issued for May 6
Hussain was convicted of killing a seven-year-old boy after kidnapping in Karachi in 2004. The condemned prisoner’s family and human right activists claimed the man was only 15 years old at the time of the murder.
The age controversy prompted the government to form a committee to reinvestigate the case and look into the age claims. Besides, the ATC stayed his execution for a month after emergence of Hussain’s birth certificate.
Today, the ATC finally issued death warrants for his execution on May 6 in Karachi.
- Pakistan’s top military commander visits Sialkot, Kotli to witness ...04:00 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Top Pakistani envoy congratulates Sweden on national day03:40 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran calls on the world to crack down on online extremism03:20 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Chinese woman breaks own Guinness world record for the longest ...02:58 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- Why Aishwarya Rai refused to work in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai?01:52 PM | 12 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021