Punjab Police register 20,620 cases over Section 144 violation
LAHORE – The Punjab Police have so far registered 20,620 cases and arrested 23,243 people in connection with strict implementation of Section 144, imposed in the wake of coronavirus pandemic.
According to the Police Department data released, 18,113 of the arrested people were released on bail.
On the directions of Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Punjab, various police teams across the province are strictly ensuring implementation of the instructions regarding coronavirus pandemic. The police have established 1,363 pickets where 17,1816 vehicles and 407,308 motorcycles have been checked until now.
At these pickets, police checked 856,827 citizens and 513,353 of them were allowed to go after issuance of a warning. Security bonds were taken from 36,942 citizens, while action was taken against 3,499 shops and 224 restaurants.
Likewise, 440 cases were registered against hoarders and legal action was initiated against 622 accused in this regard.
Also, 479,825-kg wheat, 335,265-kg sugar, 250,801 masks, 999 Sanitisers, 28 medical equipment and 141,546 other food items were recovered from the hoarders.
During crackdown on hoarders, five cases were registered and legal action was taken against four persons. The police also provided coronavirus related information to 6,365 citizens and 2,224 were provided assistance.
- Govt will ensure Pakistan fulfills its enormous maritime potential, ...01:22 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Private schools in KP reopened after five months closure12:14 PM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Toshakhana reference: Nawaz challenges NAB's summoning in IHC11:37 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- COAS, Bill Gates discuss Pakistan's Covid-19 response, resumption of ...10:59 AM | 15 Aug, 2020
- Momina Mustehsan, Muneeb Butt call out Kangana Ranaut for spreading ...05:43 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- FIR lodged against Saba Qamar and Bilal Saeed05:09 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- Abida Parveen, Ali Zafar and Humayun Saeed among others honoured ...04:39 PM | 14 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020