Taliban occupy Zana Khan district of Ghazni after fierce battle
He said the insurgents captured the district and seized two tanks and a number of Ranger pick-ups.
According to the provincial council, four policemen were also killed while eight more wounded in the battle.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said that the group’s fighters overran the district center and security checkpoints.
Geographically, it is a mountainous district with more than 12,000 people, all Pashtuns living there. The district center is Dado. Continuing drought is the main problem of district that seriously affects agriculture.
The control came just two days after Afghanistan's major stakeholder, U.S. announced a revamped strategy for the war-torn region with more troops to stay on ground.
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- 'I was raped by Rehman Mailk,' alleges US blogger Cynthia D Ritchie ...07:54 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020