Taliban occupy Zana Khan district of Ghazni after fierce battle
He said the insurgents captured the district and seized two tanks and a number of Ranger pick-ups.
According to the provincial council, four policemen were also killed while eight more wounded in the battle.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said that the group’s fighters overran the district center and security checkpoints.
Geographically, it is a mountainous district with more than 12,000 people, all Pashtuns living there. The district center is Dado. Continuing drought is the main problem of district that seriously affects agriculture.
The control came just two days after Afghanistan's major stakeholder, U.S. announced a revamped strategy for the war-torn region with more troops to stay on ground.
- Pakistan Air Force aircraft crashes during training near Mianwali, ...03:29 PM | 25 May, 2022
- 70-year-old Pakistani sets world record by crushing most apples in ...02:56 PM | 25 May, 2022
- SC directs govt to provide alternate site to PTI for Azadi March02:22 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Saudi Arabia finalising extension of $3 billion deposit to support ...01:37 PM | 25 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly shares new video to prove innocence in forest fire case12:15 AM | 25 May, 2022
- Sajal's healing words for Ahad's ailing aunt win her praise11:15 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Pakistani beauty mogul Shiza teams up with Selena Gomez for cookware ...10:17 PM | 24 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022