This man discovered an ancient city underwater while diving casually on the Tanzania coast
DODOMA (Web Desk) - A diver reportedly discovered an "ancient sunken city" off Tanzania's Mafia island last month. The lost city is believed to be 2000 years old.
According to reports, diver Allen Sutten found the lost city after spotting the ruins from a helicopter and decided to work out what it was. He had no idea how lucky he was, as the ruins are only visible when the spring tide is unusually low.
After Allan first spotted the ruins from a helicopter, it took him almost 3 years to pinpoint their exact location. On March 21, this year, he finally discovered the ruins that are likely to reshape the way we think about African history.
According to archaeologist Felix Chami, the ruins are of Rhapta civilization judging by the construction techniques, ceramics and location, which all neatly fit in with early descriptions of the time.
Here's a short documentary on the discovery:
- US peace envoy Khalilzad updates Pakistan's FM Qureshi about talks ...08:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Lawyers' vandalism causes damage of Rs70 million to cardiology ...07:22 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Winter vacations announced in Punjab06:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran felicitates UK's Boris Johnson over resounding election ...06:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Tremendous response by the customers on Infinix 12.12 grand sale05:09 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019