Ex-DIG police Mir Afzal takes oath as caretaker Gilgit-Baltistan CM
GILGIT – The caretaker chief minister of Gilgit-Baltistan (G-B), Mir Afzal, on Wednesday took oath as the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government completed its five-year term in the region.
GB Governor Pir Karam Ali Shah administered the oath during a ceremony held at the Governor House.
Ex-chief minister Mehdi Shah, former GB assembly speaker Wazir Baig and former lawmakers were also present on the occasion.
Mir Afzal, who is a retired DIG police, is the second caretaker CM in the region where the positions of CM and governor were first introduced in 2009 under Governance Order 2009.
- Russian Covid-19 vaccine Sputnik-V becomes third to be approved for ...02:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Karachi man posing as 'excise officer' gets caught during raid02:00 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Multan psychiatrist kills daughter, commits suicide 'over remarriage ...01:25 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Amitabh Bachchan lands in hot water over ‘sexist’ remarks about ...12:46 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani Ph.D. scholar bags top prize in Chinese essay competition12:14 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Sana Fakhar responds to social media backlash after bold pics with ...09:28 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- US television host Larry King dies, aged 8708:59 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Urdu Mushaira held against #CannoliOwners outside Islamabad café07:51 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021