Ex-DIG police Mir Afzal takes oath as caretaker Gilgit-Baltistan CM
GILGIT – The caretaker chief minister of Gilgit-Baltistan (G-B), Mir Afzal, on Wednesday took oath as the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government completed its five-year term in the region.
GB Governor Pir Karam Ali Shah administered the oath during a ceremony held at the Governor House.
Ex-chief minister Mehdi Shah, former GB assembly speaker Wazir Baig and former lawmakers were also present on the occasion.
Mir Afzal, who is a retired DIG police, is the second caretaker CM in the region where the positions of CM and governor were first introduced in 2009 under Governance Order 2009.
- Pakistan surpasses 259,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,477 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020