Thailand free of local COVID-19 case for a month
BANGKOK – Thailand on Wednesday said it was free from local corona-virus infections for the last 30 days, local media reported.
According to Taweesilp Visanuyothin, the spokesman for the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration, the Buddhist-majority nation has not reported any local COVID-19 infections for the last one month, daily Bangkok Post reported.
One new imported case was reported on Wednesday after a returnee from the Philippines tested positive for the virus.
"It shows the importance of Thai people-power, which has kept the country free of the disease for one month," Visanuyothin said.
Lately, most patients have been free of symptoms, he added.Thailand has reported 3,157 infections so far, with 3,026 recoveries, and a death toll of 58. The country has conducted 468,175 tests for the virus.
- Matric result 2020 to be announced in Punjab on Sept 19, confirms ...11:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Woman gang-raped in presence of husband in Pakistan's village days ...11:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nepal to mint coins displaying new political map that shows ...10:42 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- FBR imposes Rs35 million penalty on Justice Isa’s wife for failing ...09:41 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif accepts Bilawal’s invitation to virtually attend ...09:07 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Nida Yasir apologizes after receiving backlash04:20 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- 'The Batman' filming resumes following shutdown over Robert ...02:36 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- Aima Baig confirms that she’s dating Shahbaz Shigri02:19 PM | 18 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020