US strike at Yemen camp kills 40 Qaeda militants
According to official sources, the strike in Hajr in the vast southeastern province of Hadramawt killed at least 40 militants and wounded 25 more.
The extremists have exploited a security vacuum in the Arabian Peninsula nation since Iran-backed Huthi Shiite rebels seized the capital in September 2014, forcing the internationally recognised government to flee.
A tribal source, who confirmed the toll, said the casualties were new Al Qaeda recruits training at the camp, adding that "other fighters survived the strike."
Dozens of Al Qaeda militants were seen rushing to hospital to donate blood, according to residents.
- Missing instructor pilot’s body recovered from Balochistan03:49 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- BANvPAK: Rain frustrates Shaheens and Tigers as Day 2 of second Test ...03:28 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Jhang Assistant Commissioner gunned down over enmity in Chiniot02:29 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Take a look inside Fawad Khan’ star-studded birthday bash in Dubai01:52 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Co-actor held for recording, sharing nude videos of stage actors in ...11:49 AM | 5 Dec, 2021