Nisar condemns US attack on Pakistan’s sovereignty, Afghan peace process
He said the meeting would be held on return of the Prime Minister from abroad, and, after consultating with all stakeholders, a clear cut point of view would be placed before the nation and the world.
The Interior Minister said irrespective of who was killed in the attack, Pakistan strongly condemns the drone strike, which constituted violations of Pakistan's sovereignty, UN Charter and international law. He said the justification being offered by the United States is totally unacceptable.
The Murree dialogue was also ruined by the news of Mullah Omer's death, and now that we were seeing some hope this incident occurred “sabotaging the dialogue process”, the minister maintained.
Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said DNA tests have been taken and their result would determine whether or not the man killed in the drone attack was Mullah Mansour.
He said today relatives of the persons killed in the attack had approached the government to have the bodies handed over to them.
“Our law enforcement and intelligence agencies are still investigating the incident, but so far they have not been able to confirm the identity,” he said while addressing a press conference in the federal capital.
- 'Joints for jabs': Activists distribute free marijuana to vaccinated ...02:59 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Sara Ali Khan and Janhvi Kapoor's workout video takes the Internet by ...02:37 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan secures spot on three key United Nations bodies02:00 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan marks Allama Iqbal’s 83rd death anniversary01:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Syra Yousaf’s birthday bash photos go viral06:02 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021