Social media celebrates Modi's win
In his victory speech on Thursday, Modi expressed that a new India was being built in which the affluent class would contribute.
“We are now building a new India and the first thing to end in this New India will be this caste system that holds us back and divides us. From here on there will only be 2 castes, one caste is ‘poor’ and the other caste is of those who will contribute in every smallest way possible to help those who need to be brought out of poverty,” he said.
The BJP leader said biggest turnout has been in this election and that too in temperatures of more than 40 degrees across the country, in this burning summer heat.
Congratulations @narendramodi ji. We believe India is going to reach greater heights with your vision. Jai hind.— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) May 24, 2019
Congratulations @narendramodi ji. India is looking to scale newer heights of growth and success under your leadership.— Anushka Sharma (@AnushkaSharma) May 24, 2019
Many congratulations Hon. Prime Minister @narendramodi on your decisive victory. We stand by you in building a stronger India.— Salman Khan (@BeingSalmanKhan) May 23, 2019
Congratulations to Prime Minister @narendramodi and @BJP4India on their sweeping victory. Democracy must always be celebrated. Here’s to our India that I hope becomes synonymous with inclusivity, harmony and development #Election2019Results— Twinkle Khanna (@mrsfunnybones) May 23, 2019
- Israeli airstrikes hit Gaza for the second time since ceasefire07:02 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- US agrees to give Turkey full control of Kabul airport's security06:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Punjab enacts Apprenticeship Act 2021 after 60 years06:35 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021