Hamza Ali Abbasi opens up about denying role for JPNA2
Recently, the star tweeted that he is believes that item numbers are bit essential for every film and he wants us all to know this again.
Hamza, a die-hard PTI supporter, recently took to Twitter to support Prime Minister Imran Khan on his statement about taking U-turns. PM Khan had said that the person who did not take decisions according to the situation was not a true leader.
“Once I thought item numbers/selling sex in films was an essential part of commercial cinema/a very progressive thing,”
Hamza continued saying, “Then I took a U-TURN and now I believe that item Numbers/selling sex in films is an insult to art/cinema/cultural/religious ethics. You’re important U-TURNS in life?”
Once i thought Item Numbers/selling sex in films was an essential part of commercial cinema/a very progressive thing. Then i took a U-TURN & now i believe that Item Numbers/selling sex in films is an insult to art/cinema/cultural/religious ethics. Ur important U-TURNS in life?— Hamza Ali Abbasi (@iamhamzaabbasi) November 20, 2018
A social media user replied to Hamza’s tweet saying, “Yet will you still appear in movies that have item numbers or will you refrain from doing them completely?” To, which Hamza responded quickly and clarified the reason behind not signing Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2.
“I have refrained myself from acting in movies with item numbers. I backed out of JPNA 2 for this reason. Trying to practice what I believe in,” stated Abbasi.
I have refrained myself from acting in movies with item numbers. I backed out of JPNA 2 for this reason. Trying to practice what i believe in :-)— Hamza Ali Abbasi (@iamhamzaabbasi) November 21, 2018
Last year Hamza shared a post saying: “How can the censor board allow such filth to run in cinemas and how can PEMRA allow this to be run on channels Pakistani artists finally managed to get enough respect in the society.
He further stated that " now young educated boys and girls from good families are coming into this field, please don’t spoil this hard-earned respect by putting on a flesh show and calling it glamour.”
What are your views on this? Share with us.
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022