Arzoo Raja Case, 44-year old husband charged for rape of minor
KARACHI – The Sindh Police have charged Syed Ali Azhar and six others for rape in the case of the forceful conversion and marriage of 14-year-old Arzoo Raja.
Two of the lawyers, two witnesses and a nikkahkhwan have been charged under section 3, 4 and 5 of Sindh Child Marriages Restraint Act for solemnising child marriage, punishment for parent or guardian concerned in child marriage.
An investigation report submitted to judicial magistrate XXII of District South exonerated the prime suspect's two brothers and a friend for lack of evidence.
Besides these, Azhar has been charged with Section 375 (v) (sexual intercourse with or without the woman’s consent if she is under 14 years of age) of the Pakistan Penal Code. The court is yet to pass an order on the charge-sheet.
Arzoo has tested positive for COVID-19 and is in quarantine at the Shelter Home while the husband is in jail under judicial custody.
- COAS Bajwa visits Sialkot garrison, appreciates officers’ devotion ...11:52 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Bilawal felicitates US President Biden on inauguration11:29 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan PM Imran congratulates Joe Biden on POTUS inauguration10:54 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran lays foundation stone of Cadet College Wana’s phase-II ...09:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Alia Bhatt rushed to hospital amid shooting for 'Gangubai Kathiawadi'05:47 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Danish Taimoor pens down a heartfelt note for Ayeza Khan on 30th ...04:51 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- WATCH - Trailer of Hareem Shah's first web series released02:19 PM | 20 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021