Jamal Shah retires as DG PNCA
ISLAMABAD - Famous television actor Syed Jamal Shah has been retired from the post of Director-General, Pakistan National Council of the Arts. He remained on the slot for three years tenure as September 22nd was the last day of his service.
After his retirement, the senior joint secretary of Heritage Division Syed Hassan Mehndi is assigned the additional charge of DG PNCA . After relieving from service, Jamal Shah would once again go back to the institution named "Shehr Kkada" owned by him, to promote arts from the private sector.
Jamal Shah, Pakistani actor, director, painter, social worker, scriptwriter, singer, songwriter. He was born into a Pashtun Syed family in 1956 in Quetta, Balochistan, Pakistan. In 1992 Jamal made his acting debut in K2, directed by Franc Roddam and since then in many other movies and dramas.
Jamal Shah also created Artists Association in Pakistan. It was one of its kind for the artists, it was founded in 1985 and benefited many artists around the country. Jamal Shah is one of the few artists in Pakistan who have achieved their education in the very same field.
Jamal Shah also laid the foundation for Hunerkada – the stepping stone for many future artists. He polishes them with the greatest of teachers and the best of environment. Jamal Shah envisions Pakistan to be in the top country lists for performing arts.
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019