Shehbaz Sharif secures bail extension in money laundering case
LAHORE – The Lahore High Court on Thursday extended till Sept 28 the interim bail of Opposition Leader in Pakistan's National Assembly Shehbaz Sharif in a money laundering case.
A LHC division bench headed by Justice Sardar Ahmad Naeem passed the order after hearing arguments of both sides.
Strict security arrangements were made on the occasion to avoid untoward incident.
Sharif, who is president of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), appeared in person before the court along with his party supporters. His personal security staff also kept him surrounded during his appearance before the bench.
The counsels of Shehbaz Sharif argued that NAB was fabricating baseless cases against his client and should prove that where and how he committed corruption.
“The cases are totally bogus,” said the lawyer while arguing on the case.
ISPR confirms two meetings between PML-N leader ... 08:48 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
ISLAMABAD – General Qamar Javed Bajwa held two meetings on the request of former Punjab governor Muhammad ...
Earlier, the counsel of Shehbaz Sharif asked the court for more time to complete his arguments.
The court on Thursday heard lengthy arguments of Shehbaz Sharif and extended bail till Sept 28.
On June 1, Shehbaz Sharif had filed a bail plea in LHC to avoid arrest in assets beyond means and money laundering cases. The opposition leader, in his plea, took the stance that NAB might arrest him in a pending inquiry.
The anti-corruption watchdog had prepared the case with malicious intentions as he had been declaring his assets regularly, he added.
- Chrissy Teigen pens heartbreaking essay about miscarriage12:18 PM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan Navy conducts successful demonstration of anti-ship missiles ...12:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Celine Dion and Sam Heughan to star in Screen ...11:45 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- DRAP notifies price increase in 94 life-saving drugs11:41 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- Mansha Pasha clarifies her stance on ‘sustainable fashion’10:36 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran arrives in Lahore for a day-long visit today09:21 AM | 28 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020