Has Punjab government appointed Bushra Bibi’s son-in-law as TEVTA chairman?
An online news portal named as ‘News Today’ on Thursday claimed that “Hafiz Farhat Abbas, a son-in-law of Prime Minister’s wife (Bushra Maneka), is now heading the board of TEVTA”.
It also quoted an official as saying that “the appointment of PM’s wife son-in-law as Chairman Board TEVTA is a question *market* [mark] on the policies of this government which is also promoting nepotism like past governments”.
Had it been true, Mr Abbas’ appointment would have questioned the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf (PTI) policy to uphold meritocracy by curbing nepotism in the state institutions. But this is actually untrue!
The report of “News Today” has been termed as ‘fake news’ by Superintendent of Police Mumtaz Hayat Maneka, who belongs to Maneka clan.
In a tweet, Maneka confirmed that Ms Bushra Bibi “currently has just one son is law and he’s isn’t even chairman of his room”.
PM - https://t.co/tIRSoFI6Q6— Mumtaz Hayat Maneka (@Mumtazz_Maneka) April 24, 2019
This is a totally fake and fabricated news. Currently she just has one son is law and he’s isn’t even chairman of his room 😂
So far, the provincial government or TEVTA officials have not issued any statement in this regard.
On Tuesday, Hafiz Farhat Abbas assumed responsibilities as Chairman Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA).
In a Facebook post earlier this week, he thanked PM Imran Khan and Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar for entrusting him with the responsibility while vowing to do his utmost to make TEVTA "a vibrant and productive organization designated to impart demand-driven technical and vocational training to Pakistani youth, and turn them into skilled human resource competitive in the local and global market on the way to achieving vision of Naya Pakistan ".
The Technical Education & Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA) aims to enhance global competitiveness in Punjab , through a quality and productive workforce by developing demand driven, standardized, dynamic and integrated technical education and vocational training service.
- Govt forms FIA’s special team to investigate wheat crisis12:04 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Indian SC hears over 140 petitions against CAA today11:38 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Israeli troops kill three Palestinian youth near Gaza border10:23 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Davos: PM Imran, Singapore's PM discusses bilateral relations, ...09:40 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan has clear vision regarding Kashmir cause, says Aisha Farooqui08:46 AM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Govt decides to take Council of Islamic Ideology's view on Zindagi ...09:57 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha's release stopped: Khoosat move LHC against TLP ...06:15 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- The team of "Zindagi Tamasha" cancels Karachi meet and greet03:23 PM | 21 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019