Has Punjab government appointed Bushra Bibi’s son-in-law as TEVTA chairman?
An online news portal named as ‘News Today’ on Thursday claimed that “Hafiz Farhat Abbas, a son-in-law of Prime Minister’s wife (Bushra Maneka), is now heading the board of TEVTA”.
It also quoted an official as saying that “the appointment of PM’s wife son-in-law as Chairman Board TEVTA is a question *market* [mark] on the policies of this government which is also promoting nepotism like past governments”.
Had it been true, Mr Abbas’ appointment would have questioned the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaaf (PTI) policy to uphold meritocracy by curbing nepotism in the state institutions. But this is actually untrue!
The report of “News Today” has been termed as ‘fake news’ by Superintendent of Police Mumtaz Hayat Maneka, who belongs to Maneka clan.
In a tweet, Maneka confirmed that Ms Bushra Bibi “currently has just one son is law and he’s isn’t even chairman of his room”.
PM - https://t.co/tIRSoFI6Q6— Mumtaz Hayat Maneka (@Mumtazz_Maneka) April 24, 2019
This is a totally fake and fabricated news. Currently she just has one son is law and he’s isn’t even chairman of his room 😂
So far, the provincial government or TEVTA officials have not issued any statement in this regard.
On Tuesday, Hafiz Farhat Abbas assumed responsibilities as Chairman Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA).
In a Facebook post earlier this week, he thanked PM Imran Khan and Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar for entrusting him with the responsibility while vowing to do his utmost to make TEVTA "a vibrant and productive organization designated to impart demand-driven technical and vocational training to Pakistani youth, and turn them into skilled human resource competitive in the local and global market on the way to achieving vision of Naya Pakistan".
The Technical Education & Vocational Training Authority (TEVTA) aims to enhance global competitiveness in Punjab, through a quality and productive workforce by developing demand driven, standardized, dynamic and integrated technical education and vocational training service.
- Pakistan surpasses 254,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,357 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- TECNO’s #GiveMe5withSpark5 challenge breaks a record of 100M views ...07:44 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- China has 440 million licensed drivers07:36 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- China announces firm support for Iran nuclear deal07:16 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UK bans China's Huawei from 5G network, pleasing Trump06:48 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020