Shortage of money, Indian man carries wife’s corpse on shoulder for 10 Kilometers
According to the details, the incident happened in Odisha’s Kalahandi district where 42-year-old Amang Dei was being treated for tuberculosis. The poor lady lost the battle against the disease and finally died. Her husband begged hospital authorities to provide him with a mortuary van to carry the dead body.
Dei’s husband Dana Manjhi could not get any help from the hospital authorities despite efforts. Afterwards, he wrapped his wife’s body in a cloth and started walking to his village Melghara in Rampur block, about 60 km from Bhawanipatna.
Manjhi, who was accompanied by his 12-year-old daughter, was spotted by some local reporters who called up the district collector and arranged for an ambulance for the remaining journey.
“The hospital authorities said that there are no vehicles. I pleaded with them saying I am a poor person and cannot afford a vehicle to carry my wife’s body. Despite repeated requests, they said they cannot offer me any help,” Dana Majhi told Odisha TV.
- South Africa beat Pakistan by 13 runs in women’s 2nd ODI10:20 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Infinix unveils latest Hot 10 play at PKR 16,99910:10 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Russian-Pakistani invents ‘Covid cure’ – Who is this scientist ...09:40 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot in private and ...09:23 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Bakhtawar-Mahmood’s wedding – Mehfil-e-Milad held at Bilawal House05:07 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal tie the knot today04:51 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Chaudhry The Martyr – Trailer of biopic on slain Karachi cop ...03:45 PM | 24 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021