Got a taste of brute force unleashed in Kashmir, Rahul Gandhi says it all
The former president of the Indian Congress party said that he had experienced firsthand "the draconian administration and brute force unleashed on the Jammu & Kashmir people" in a Twitter post on Sunday.
The heir to the legacy of Gandhi family shared his encounter at the Srinagar airport which happened a day earlier and said he along with a delegation of India's opposition parties, was prevented from entering the city by the Indian-occupied Kashmir administration.
It's been 20 days since the people of Jammu & Kashmir had their freedom & civil liberties curtailed. Leaders of the Opposition & the Press got a taste of the draconian administration & brute force unleashed on the people of J&K when we tried to visit Srinagar yesterday. pic.twitter.com/PLwakJM5W5— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) August 25, 2019
"It's been 20 days since the people of Jammu & Kashmir had their freedom and civil liberties curtailed," he said in point-blank remarks.
However, the delegation was sent back, stirring concerns that the situation in the serene valley was not 'normal' as portrayed by the government.
Former diplomat and Congress leader, Shashi Tharoor also raised concerns as he quoted the commentary of Rahul on Twitter.
Quite clear that the Governor’s invitation to @rahulGandhi to visit Kashmir was not sincere. No wonder my proposal during the #Kashmir debate in Parliament to permit an all-party delegation to visit, got no reply. Govt can’t be open about what it’s doing. #DemocracyDiesInDarkness https://t.co/KIU1iBJi9u
— Shashi Tharoor (@ShashiTharoor) August 25, 2019
- #Bilawal visits #Hamza and #ChaudharyBrothers in Lahore07:06 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan loses Davis Cup World Group tie to Japan05:30 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan to observe Shab-e-Mairaj on Thursday night05:00 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021