Bacha Khan University bars free mingling of male and female students
The notification, issued by the university's Chief Proctor Muhammad Shakeel, also prohibited multiple activities inside the campus including a ban on smoking, the use of chadar, using the rooftops of campus buildings and ragging/fooling with new students.
When asked about the guidelines, Dr Shakeel defended the move saying that the decision had been taken in the larger interest of the students "as they waste a lot of their time roaming around the campus".
He strongly denied the notion that the university was being turned into a madrassah (seminary).
On the other hand, university spokesperson Saeed Khan denied knowledge of any such notification while speaking to the media.
The Bacha Khan university was forced to close in January 2016 for a period of 26-days after an attack on its campus claimed over 21 lives.
- Zimbabwe to visit Pakistan next month for T20, ODI matches06:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- 81 students test positive for coronavirus in Punjab06:17 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- GB Legislative Assembly elections to be held on November 1504:00 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Two Pakistani soldiers martyred in India firing at LoC03:52 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Tapsee Pannu defends Anurag Kashyap against sexual harassment ...03:43 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Mahira Khan looks flawless in latest pictures03:23 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Khalid Ahmad wins Best Actor Award at Harlem International Film Fest02:27 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- You’re not exactly Mother Teresa: Shaniera Akram takes a dig at ...01:25 PM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020