Indian diplomat who called Pakistan "Terroristan" robbed of phone in New Delhi
According to reports, the men had stopped Gambhir on the pretext of asking directions to a temple. When she raised her hand to point the direction, the duo snatched the phone and sped away. The reports also suggest that the mobile, an iPhone 7 plus, has a US registered SIM card and also contains crucial official documents. In a statement to the police, Eenam said she could not note down the registration number of the bike because it was dark. A case has been registered against the accused. No arrests have been made so far in connection with the case.
The 2005-batch Indian Foreign Service officer had created a storm when she slammed Islamabad at the UN General Assembly in September. Responding to Nawaz Sharif’s claim that Pakistan “had been a victim of externally sponsored terrorism,” Eenam said, “Pakistan is now ‘terroristan’.”
Earlier, Ukrainian Ambassador Igor Polikha’s mobile phone was snatched in September while he was taking pictures of the Red Fort, following which one person was arrested. Delhi Police has registered as many as 7,870 cases of snatching this year till November 30.
- Ayaz Amir’s wife requests pre-arrest bail in daughter-in-law's ...01:49 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan’s ‘unstoppable' athletes clinch 13 medals at Mount ...01:24 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- President, PM express grief over martyrdom of Army officers in ...12:18 PM | 26 Sep, 2022
- When is Eid Milad-un Nabi 2022? Here's everything you need to know ...11:52 AM | 26 Sep, 2022
- Sonya Hussyn seen at concert in Toronto after Hum Awards ceremony11:53 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Sehar Khan jokes about Faysal Quraishi's bright coloured shirt10:19 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- 'Are we sick?' asks Ali Zafar in note on moral standards of society09:16 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022