Qatar invites Pakistan for signing of US-Taliban peace deal on Feb 29 in Doha
ISLAMABAD - Qatar has invited Pakistan to attend the peace signing deal between United States (US) and the Afghan Taliban to be held on Saturday in Doha.
During a meeting with Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi in Islamabad, Qatari Ambassador to Pakistan Saqr Bin Mubarak extended the invitation on behalf of the Qatari Foreign Minister.
In his remarks on the occasion, the foreign minister said Pakistan and Qatar have played a pivotal role in furthering the Afghan reconciliation process.
On the occasion, Shah Mahmood Qureshi said that Pakistan welcomes the peace deal between the United States and the Taliban and expressed the confidence that the peace deal will lead to intra-Afghan dialogue.
He said it has always been the stance of Pakistan that there is no military solution to the Afghan conflict, adding that the international community is now also accepting Pakistan's stance.
- Pakistan’s earns US $ 1176 mln from IT services’ export04:03 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Chairman Senate Sadiq Sanjrani announces to contest election for IPU ...01:22 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab approves Ravi River Front Urban Development project12:40 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- TMF leads in online teaching system through its LMS DASHBOARD & ...12:34 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020