Mark Zuckerberg says 'will not run for US president’
"I'm focused on building our community at Facebook and working on the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative," the 32-year-old billionaire told Buzzfeed News, adding that he would be old enough to stand for president in 2020.
In April 2016, Fortune reported that Facebook had agreed changes to its company structure that would allow Mr Zuckerberg to stand in an election.
He recently also softened his approach to religion, describing it as "very important", in a Christmas post.
Mr. Zuckerberg had previously described himself as an atheist, which might have limited his appeal with some US citizens. But his views changed after he met the Pope last month.
In January, he announced a "personal challenge" to visit and speak to people in every US state, including 30 he had not visited before.
- ‘Ghabrana Nahi Hai’ – Kashif Zameer reassures Pakistanis of ...11:49 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan’s NSA rejects claims of back-channel diplomacy with India ...11:17 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Birthday of Islamic caliph Ali Ibn Abi Talib tomorrow10:00 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan to remain on FATF's grey list till June 202109:44 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Ali Xeeshan and wife Myra welcome first baby06:36 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Yasir Hussain opens up about his remarks on Nausheen Shah08:24 PM | 25 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021