Dozen killed, thousands injured in Indian-occupied Kashmir as unrest enters its 17th day
The people of Kashmir have been braving a curfew and other restrictions for the last 17 days and still pin no hopes on the betterment of the overall situation.
Over 5,000 people have been injured due to excessive force used by Indian troops and police on peaceful protesters. A number of All-Parties Hurriyet Conference leaders have also detained in the same period.
Leaders of the All-Parties Hurriyet Conference, Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik, in a joint statement in Srinagar, reiterated a call to honor Kahsmiri martyrs in Anantnag, Islamabad district, on Monday.
The leaders also extended their shutdown call till Friday (July 29).
On the other hand, protests continued to be held across the globe, including some Indian states, against the killing of Kashmiri people by Indian forces.
Peaceful demonstrations around the globe are being organised to show solidarity with the oppressed residents of Kashmir.
- ‘Aik Thi Laila’: Yasir Hussain, Iqra Aziz take their relationship ...11:49 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Sadaf Kanwal and Shahroz Sazwari share first moments with newborn ...11:23 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Influencer Waliya Najib shares stunning clips from Europe vacation10:52 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan Navy saves crew members of sinking Indian vessel near Gwadar10:29 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Here’s all you need to know about release of Aamir Khan’s Laal ...07:44 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra suffers leg injury during web-series shoot09:24 PM | 11 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022